Friday, September 25, 2009

Busy Week

I was recently directed to someone's blog site to read his fascinating postings. It is my fervent hope that my entries are way more entertaining than his. Perhaps this is a vain wish.

Since my last writing, I have had what I consider to be an interesting week. Monday and Tuesday were spent on Turtle Watch and Phone Monitoring, hoping to see Buckbeak and Fluffy on the back patio, and hoping for a call from UNM inviting me to begin working in the Biology Department. Also, Tuesday afternoon I was supposed to get a call from Crash 2 Casting about my Wednesday gig as a background actor. I was only halfway disappointed. Bucky came out both days as soon as it warmed up out there. Crash 2 called at 7:25 Tuesday evening.

I had been seeing casting notices on Craig's List for a while. There were two main categories: homeless people and millionaires. I was hoping to be advised as to which end of the wardrobe spectrum to prepare myself for. By 8:00 the night before, I finally knew that I was to be a millionaire. An hour after that, I knew to be at the Albuquerque Hilton at 2:00pm. Plenty of time to put together three millionaire wardrobe choices and haul them to the Hilton. Too bad they didn't get some footage of one of their millionaires arriving on the bus.

Wednesday went as expected, after my Breaking Bad experience. Lots and lots of waiting. There were 43 of us itinerant millionaires hanging out at the Hilton, shooting the breeze, eating the free junk food, waiting to be called into the ballroom where the scenes were being shot. I took a picture of Dennis Hopper with my phone. If you look closely, you can almost tell that the grey blob in the picture is a human-like shape. Shooting actually started around 6:00. There were five or six scenes, each shot from different directions, with a half hour or so between set-ups. We were finished at 1:30am, and I called for a cab home.

Remus Lupin was sympathetic to my sleep deprivation dillemma. He let me sleep until 6:15- almost four hours of sleep. He's a good boy.

Yesterday, after my daily job search regimen and Facebook catch-up, I looked out back. There was Fluffy, her first appearance since Sunday. Buckbeak didn't come out.

Carmen left work around 2:15. We went to the New Mexico State Fair for a couple of hours, and then finally had our anniversary dinner at Zea's, our favorite restaurant in Albuquerque.

Today it's back to job search, Facebook and Cat Juggling. It's a fascinating life...I hope.