Friday, October 16, 2009

Rolling Rolling

My little blind girl was siezed with the compulsion to roll around on a sun-baked area of our back patio yesterday. She flopped down on her side and rolled over on her back, feet flailing in the air in her first moment of total relaxation outside. It was heartwarming to watch her be comfortable and joyful outside for the first time in her life.

Tuesday afternoon she heard a little butterfly (or was it a moth?) flying nearby, reared up on her hind legs and swatted in the direction of the sound. The insect landed on a flower and she lost track of it, but swatted a few more times in the direction of the last place she heard it. It was very very cute.

On both of these occasions I was camera-free, or there would be pictures posted over there. I guess I'll just have to start taking a camera with me every time we go outside.