Thursday, August 20, 2009

History Repeats?

Four years ago I was despairing of ever finding a job in Massachusetts. I had applied to dozens of places, researched dozens more, and nothing was happening. In desperation, I applied to the Home Depot. HD called me for an interview, sent me out for a drug test, and scheduled me for orientation. So I went in as scheduled, but the orientation was cancelled because nobody else showed up. I went home even more dejected. Within minutes, Mystic Scenic Studios called offering me a job, but we'd have to agree on the wage issue and would talk later. Within minutes, Party By Design called offering me a job. The following Monday I was happily at work.

The day before yesterday I applied/ interviewed at the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, and was all excited at the prospect of possibly working there. Yesterday, a casting director called and asked me if I was available for a gig on "Breaking Bad" all day Friday. "Sure!" I said. In the afterglow of that call, I was remembering that day four years ago- August 19th, 2005.