Sunday, January 24, 2010

That's A Big Ten Forty, Good Buddy

Wow, spelled double you oh double you. It's getting near time to buy the new Turbo Tax and try to sort out the tax situation for 2009. Let's see... I started out on Workshare, in which Massachusetts paid 8 hours a week and I worked for Mystic 32 hours a week. Then Mystic laid me off completely, and I was on full unemployment for a month. Then I got a gig at American Repertory Theatre, a Harvard University entity, and worked a forty hour week before starting at Aries Custom Works for three months as a contractor. Then I went back to Mystic for three weeks, then packed and moved for a month, including a three-week road trip. So that's six months as a resident of Massachusetts with Federal and State taxes to pay on Unemployment and three months at Aries. Carmen had no income, but she had tuition payments and other expenses.

Then we became residents of New Mexico. Carmen has been receiving a salary for her internship, I have worked two days on two TV shows as a background actor - with taxes paid - plus my "thank you" money from Albuquerque Little Theatre as a contractor. So I have Federal and New Mexico State taxes to file on all of that. I can't wait to get started. I've done Turbo Tax twice before, and I'm confident we can sort this out. Meanwhile, I'm assembling a file of W-2s and 1099s. Good thing I don't have a job.