Friday, January 8, 2010

How 'bout Some Good News?

I finally talked to Colby yesterday. You remember Colby, Technical Director at Albuquerque Little Theatre. The last time we spoke was the day after Thanksgiving, opening night of White Christmas. I went in to collect my check, finished up the last few details of the set, and asked about the next show. He told me then that I should be able to start on it by the end of the next week. He went to visit his mom, and I awaited his call to start on Dial M For Murder.

On December 11th I went in to clean the shop, still a wreck since the strike of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow on Hallowe'en night. Colby wasn't there and nobody knew where he was. My leg was hurting and swelling all day. Thus began my coagulation calamity. In the hospital for five days, on oxygen at home for two weeks, and in pain whenever I was vertical.

So Wednesday, when I walked to the bank on the way to an appointment, turned on my cellular phone, and there was a message from Colby saying he was ready to start on Dial M. I immediately called his cellular phone, got his voice mail, and left him a message updating him on my life since November.

Yesterday I called again and actually spoke to him live. He's had a hectic and stressful month as well. He's got Dial M For Murder well in hand. But the big news: The ALT Program Committee met, and they want to run White Christmas again next year! Good thing the sets I built are still intact. All they have to do is find a place to store them for a year.

I like recycling!