Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Broken Covenant

As you five well know, if I'm home during the day, all the mammals in the house get to go outside for a spell- sometimes several times a day. Today I crammed three big bags full of leaves from the back yard. Add that to the two yesterday from the front. Anyway, it took about three hours to carefully rake leaves from the gravel parts and sweep and cram and tie and set out front to take to Colby (mulch boy) in the car next time it goes to the theatre.

Little Miss Yinny Yin Yin didn't much like the sound of the rake or of the cramming of leaves into bags, so she didn't spend much time out there. Professor Remus J. Lupin, on the other hand, was pretty much out there the whole time. He spent a lot of time along the side of the house, gazing longingly at the gate. Gazing is allowed.

I glanced down there periodically to see where he was and what he was doing. The last time I looked he was sitting up on the four foot high adobe column that the gate attaches to, gazing longingly at the street. I didn't want to go get him, lest he jump down on the other side to elude capture, and maybe run out into the street. So I went back in the house, propped open the front screen door, and came at him from the front. He hissed at me as I approached. I grabbed his ass and lugged him inside, while he writhed and struggled against me. Me, a World Class Cat Juggler! Needless to say, he wasn't allowed out any more. He's mad at me now, and sleeping in my desk chair. Boo freakin' hoo.