Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Limbo Rock

Today is the fourth cold and rainy day in a row, welcome to northwestern Pennsylvania. The Meadville Tribune classifieds sported zero jobs which I might conceivably fake my way into. The CWDS (Commonwealth Workforce Development System) website has had nothing that I haven't already applied for. The plastic mold assembly/cleaning entry level jobs I applied for last week have been filled, leaving the geezer high and dry. Craigslist has nothing. I even tried the Tribune's employment partner Monster again, despite repeated disappointments at that site - disappointed again. Just like last year, many places advertised UPS seasonal driver helper jobs available here, but just like last year, I jumped through hoop after hoop to the end of their gauntlet only to be informed that there are no positions open in my area. What else can I do? Go door to door in the rain begging for a job? Can you spare a dime?

Yesterday I made myself useful by getting the toilet and vanity as ready as possible for the plumber to do her/his thing and doing a little cosmetic finishing on the throne platform. Last week I did the chicken wire sculpture of my annual ox head for the Christmas play, now waiting for a half gallon of glue for the papier mache skin. I could install plastic over the outside of the french doors, trapping rain water in tight spaces until May or June, but my Spidey sense tells me that drier is better, so wait for a non-rainy day - in May or June?

Limbo. Come on, Sherwin Williams! Rescue me from limbo!

No comments: