Saturday, November 6, 2010

Library Bound

I haven't posted in a while because I've been determined to do two time-consuming things - find a job and finish volume three of Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle. I got the first book, "Quicksilver" for my birthday in January, 2009. I read it and "The Con-fusion" during my weeks of unemployment that January and February. "The System Of The World" I have been checking out of libraries and trying to read ever since then. While living the life of a minister's spouse, I've been vacating the minister's study (742 Chestnut Street) for whole days (such as right now,) spending many hours reading (and using the computers) at the Meadville Crawford County Library, finally arriving at the two hundred fifty page climax of the many intertwined stories last week. I checked it out on Monday night and finished it (!) yesterday, between applying for and calling about a half-dozen or so jobs within walking distance of 742 Chestnut Street.

The best looking job in a year or more is a "Sales Associate" position at the local Sherwin Williams store. The one guy who works there tried to scare me off with the strenuousness of the work, lifting cases and buckets of paint, loading the van for deliveries. He's obviously never seen me work! The manager says she'll call me on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

No comments: