Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Who'da Thunkit?

I now have four Facebook friends in Albuquerque, two of whom I never see, one of whom I see sporadically, and one is Carmen, whom I see a lot of, but not lately. She got home from San Francisco Sunday afternoon, after being gone since Wednesday afternoon. Yesterday she left at 8:30 and got home at 9:30pm. Today she left at 9:00 and will be at a retreat center until tomorrow sometime. She has a wedding to perform this Saturday and the church office holiday party Saturday night. The kitties and I miss her.

Speaking of those kitties, they haven't asked to go outside this whole month. They are content to bask in the sunshine on this side of the glass doors to the back patio. That's good, because I have to be out there with them, and baby it's cold outside! We had another big scary winter storm last night. It dumped about an inch and even covered the roads this time- until the sun came out. Now the driveways on the north side of houses all still have snow on them, and the ones in the sunshine are clear and dry.

I used my newly acquired computer prowess to create our first annual newsletter. It has to be proofed by Carmen when she has time, and then they have to be printed, inserted into some sort of snail mail technology, addressed, postaged and sent. Don't hold your breath.

So that's the news. Over on the other side of the blog wall there is a post named "Holes In the West." It's a long one. See? I'm trying to keep up with it.