Monday, December 20, 2010

Blow Out

You'll remember, I'm sure, the previous post in which I described my angst about my payroll deposit. I went to work anyway, and had a fine day delivering two gallons of paint and putting away the last of Wednesday's truck. After work I walked home and got the mail on the way in. There was an envelope from Sherwin Williams Corporate Payroll containing a paper check for the amount I was expecting. Yay.

Saturday I packed the ox head and the donkey parts into the car, with some tools and touch-up paint. Carmen set the stage while I assembled and touched up the donkey. Afterward we had a late lunch/early supper at our fave Meadville restaurant, Montana Rib And Chop House. I had the grilled tuna. Yum yum. We stopped at KMart and Big Lots on the way home, giving us a reminder of why we try to stay away from shopping opportunities during December.

Back home we watched a Christmas movie, then I retreated to my office for some "Family Feud" fun, when suddenly I had to run to the bathroom, barely making it in time. I was feeling nauseated until suddenly I had to throw up. Remember Vinny going home with the stomach flu? I think he passed it on to me first. The scenario played itself out many more times during the night.

I stayed in bed most of yesterday, giving my boy Remus an unusual opportunity to stick his claws in my face for an afternoon feeding time. Yay.

I tried to remain standing for a while this morning, washing dishes and such, but it soon became apparent that, while the worst is over, I'm not out of the woods yet. The good news: I called in and Vinny answered the phone. He understood completely.

No comments: