Friday, October 12, 2012

Identity Crisis

I am the Cat Juggler! I keep telling myself that. Carmen has been talking about getting a dee oh gee for many months. I didn't encourage her. I am the Cat Juggler! So yesterday she texted me to say that there was a four month old yellow lab / basset hound mix up for adoption at the Humane Society, and that she was really cute. A few hours later I was at Walmart purchasing a dog crate and bed for our new dee oh gee.

Twenty four hours later, the cats are still freaked out by this new addition to the family. We are optimistic that the cats will settle in. As my dad would say, "These things take time." For her part, Grace is, I think, doing remarkably well, considering the traumatic life she's led since her capture as a stray. She hardly ever barks or whines, and she loves to chew her chew toys. She bites her leash a lot, but she's mostly well behaved.

So far Carmen has done all of the feeding and walking and poop scooping. That was our deal. After all, I am the Cat Juggler!

No comments: