Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Newest Little Buddy

Way back in June of 2011, in a posting entitled "In Demand" I mentioned my newest little buddy. Audrey Sippel, daughter of Rachel Meerson, came running up to me one Sunday morning after church. She pulled up her pants leg and showed me the bruise on her shin. Well, it just so happened that a few days before this, I had taken a nasty fall at the Community Theatre. I pulled up my pants leg and showed her an inch diameter scab with redness all around it. I beat! We've been buddies since then.

The four of us went to lunch together after church several months ago. We went to Montana Rib and Chop House, where they have a square of white paper as the tablecloth, a fresh one for each party at each table, along with a cup with crayons in it. Audrey and I drew stuff. I showed her how to make an octagon by drawing a square and lopping off the corners. It was fun.

Today I had the camera with me to take pictures of the choir. I took some of my newest little buddy. I hope my little buddy from the 1970s doesn't get jealous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I think I am a bit jealous. This makes me think of happier times and younger days. It was 40 years ago almost to the day that I was your buddy. Life was good then.
If you bring her half as much joy as you did me then I am happy all over again!
Your forever friend, mary