Saturday, January 29, 2011

Discoveries

I grind coffee beans with a manual grinder. I hate the blade grinder because it grinds a quarter of the beans to dust and completely misses a lot of beans, no matter what I try. Dust is no good, because we use a percolator. We bought a "burr grinder" but the motor burned up in a month. I asked for the manual job, because I know the motor won't burn up. SO! When I load the hopper, I sometimes drop a bean or two. This morning, Lucia ran over to it, ready to soccer dribble it all over the house, but first she sniffed it. She must not have liked the smell, because she began pawing the floor to drag imaginary dirt over the tiny little turd I dropped.

Next on the list of new discoveries is the mouse cursor arrow/hand on my computer screen. Lucia will hang out, as long as I'll let her, in front of my monitor, chasing that little sucker around the screen. Sometimes she scores a direct hit, lifts her paw and it's not there! What the heck?!

Under discoveries yet to come, I must assume that our little girl, who is now over twice as big as she was when she came, is going to learn a hard lesson about jumping up onto our glass cooktop. One of these days it's not going to be as cool as it has been every time she has jumped up there so far.

And speaking of heat, she has finally learned that Carmen's side of the bed has the electric blanket turned on. Now that was the best discovery of all.

No comments: