Saturday, April 2, 2011

Paralysis

Here I sit. The tree in the basement is mostly done. It needs to be coated with glue and then painted, and yet here I sit. I have a list of things to buy for the rolling double sided pieces, and I can't begin building them until I purchase materials - and yet here I sit. The current MCT show has one more weekend to run before that set will be disassembled, beginning the panic-ridden transformation of the stage into sets for The Secret Garden during three Saturdays. The tree and the rolling units need to get done ASAP - and yet here I sit. I think about going down there to work, and something freezes up inside me. I don't understand why that is or, more pertinently, why I can't seem to break through and just get 'er done. What's wrong with me?

No comments: